We got past September 11. So, what’s happening in the news now?
In a nutshell,
- Our military fired a missile in Afghanistan intended for an ISIS bomber. Turns out it blew up a family of 10 going on a picnic;
- Hundreds of Americans are stuck in Afghanistan, praying that Secretary Blinken and the Taliban will agree on a $10 Billion ransom;
- Speaker Pelosi is pushing a bloated $3.5 Trillion tax bill masquerading as Infrastructure;
- President Biden signed a deal for a new submarine with Boris Johnson of Britain and what’s-his-name of Australia. The guy in France complained;
- Unvaccinated Covid patients are filling hospitals while millions still refuse the vaccine;
- Millions who got the vaccine so they could live “normal” lives are asked to wear a mask and avoid crowds;
- President Biden ordered 400 million Pfizer booster shots, but the FDA says only old folks and a few others are eligible to receive it;
- Millions followed news about the disappearance of the beautiful blond Gabriel Petito. Her body was found today in Wyoming. Did anybody see news about how many were murdered this weekend in Chicago;
- 15,000 “immigrants” piled up at Del Rio, Texas, with no vaccines, no masks, no TV drones allowed, and no VP Kamala Harris either.
President Biden was so concerned about these disastrous news stories he spent a long weekend relaxing at his Delaware beach house. He was determined to focus on only the most important issue: how to get rich folks to share the wealth.
Did you see the Congresswoman who attended a $35,000 dinner wearing a $10,000 white gown with a message painted in red on the back, “Tax the Rich!” She also wore expensive jewelry and carried a red purse with the same “Tax the Rich” message. That was in case you missed seeing it on her backside. Asked about the cost, she bragged, “I’m a socialist leader. All my expenses are paid for by the peasants.” She didn’t say that, but I know that’s what you were thinking.
As I said, President Biden is pushing his own plan to tax the rich. It’s based on Huey Long’s plan from the 1930s to “Share the Wealth.” Biden calls his plan, “Pay Your Fair Share.” For those in the top 1% or top 10%, he says your “fair share” is way more than you are paying now.
Let’s do a poll to help our President.
Question 1. What percent of total federal income taxes should the Top 1% pay? 10%; 25%; 40%; or 50%.
Q 2. What percent should the Top 10% pay? 25%; 40%; 65%; or 85%.
Q 3. What percent of the total should the Bottom 50% pay? 0%; 3%; 5% or 10%.
Ask your representatives in Congress these 3 questions. I doubt that any will give a straight answer, especially a Democrat. (Note that President Biden is talking “fair share” of income taxes. In general, workers contribute to Social Security and pay federal taxes on a few products including gasoline.)
Historic quotes by Will Rogers:
“Our foreign dealings [by diplomats] are an open book, generally a check book.” (repeated)
“What a difference in diplomatic relations an army and navy make!” DT #196, March 13, 1927
“[Sen. Huey Long’s] plan to ‘share the wealth,’ it’s a marvelous idea. And our own downright conscience tells us that there’s no reason why, well, anybody should have more than you. There ain’t nothing wrong with the plan, only this one little defect: Nobody ain’t going to share it with you, that’s all. I know a lot of tremendously rich people that should share their wealth with me, but they just don’t see it that way. And I know folks that ain’t got as much as I have that think I ought to share it with them. Well, I just can’t hardly see it their way either. That is, even if I can see it that way, I’m not doing it.” Radio, Apr. 21, 1935
“It costs ten times more to govern us than it used to, and we are not governed one‑tenth as good.” DT #1770, March 27, 1932